Posted by menstyleqa on Mar 28, 2012 in Jackets & Coats, Men's Clothing, Men's Suits | 2 comments
With summer coming up, how can a man look sharp and still dress well? Suits and ties are way too hot.
Depending on your job and how formally you need to dress, you have a couple options:
1) Guys who have to wear suits and ties year-round should invest in light summer suits. Tropical-weight wools look the best and may be necessary for the most serious business settings. If standards are relaxed a little a light-colored cotton or linen suit will help keep the heat off and stay breathable. Seersucker suits are probably the lightest and most comfortable option, but are relatively casual and not appropriate in most business settings.
2) If you don’t have to wear a suit but do still need a collared shirt, tie, and jacket, wear thin cotton khakis and a light linen or cotton jacket.
3) If you don’t even need a jacket and tie, then just dress slacks and a light cotton dress shirt will work fine. Polos are also comfortable and help keep you from sweating through if you’re out in the sun.
4) Be sure to wear comfortable footwear. Woven leather straps rather than solid leather lets air flow through. Slip-ons with low ankles will be more comfortable than lace-up oxfords, though obviously less formal.
5) A dress hat made of light straw keeps the sun off without heating you up. Find a style you like and wear it.
Was this answer helpful?
Check out these articles about dressing up for summer:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Posted by RMRS Team on Dec 16, 2016
Posted by RMRS Team on Oct 20, 2016
Posted by RMRS Team on Oct 8, 2015
Posted by RMRS Team on Oct 7, 2015
Posted by Clay Dees on Dec 18, 2012
Posted by Carlos on Dec 31, 2012
Posted by Andybiotic on May 3, 2012
Posted by Shaun_Kingston on Jan 12, 2013
Posted by menstyleqa on Mar 15, 2012
Posted by Nicholas on Nov 12, 2012
Posted by ratnacage on Dec 11, 2012
Posted by mf_dk893 on Jan 19, 2013
Posted by menstyleqa on Apr 8, 2012
Posted by ngshinong on Jun 2, 2012
Posted by kp1118 on Jan 14, 2013
Posted by menstyleqa on Mar 19, 2012
Posted by Kcgeathers on Oct 14, 2013
Posted by Nicholas on Dec 9, 2012
You are not currently logged in.
Powered by RealMenRealStyle