Posted by menstyleqa on Mar 28, 2012 in Jackets & Coats, Men's Clothing, Men's Suits | 2 comments
With summer coming up, how can a man look sharp and still dress well? Suits and ties are way too hot.
Depending on your job and how formally you need to dress, you have a couple options:
1) Guys who have to wear suits and ties year-round should invest in light summer suits. Tropical-weight wools look the best and may be necessary for the most serious business settings. If standards are relaxed a little a light-colored cotton or linen suit will help keep the heat off and stay breathable. Seersucker suits are probably the lightest and most comfortable option, but are relatively casual and not appropriate in most business settings.
2) If you don’t have to wear a suit but do still need a collared shirt, tie, and jacket, wear thin cotton khakis and a light linen or cotton jacket.
3) If you don’t even need a jacket and tie, then just dress slacks and a light cotton dress shirt will work fine. Polos are also comfortable and help keep you from sweating through if you’re out in the sun.
4) Be sure to wear comfortable footwear. Woven leather straps rather than solid leather lets air flow through. Slip-ons with low ankles will be more comfortable than lace-up oxfords, though obviously less formal.
5) A dress hat made of light straw keeps the sun off without heating you up. Find a style you like and wear it.
Was this answer helpful?
Check out these articles about dressing up for summer:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Posted by Kcgeathers on Jul 6, 2014
Posted by Sam Youn on Jul 3, 2014
Posted by Kcgeathers on Jun 15, 2014
Posted by Mike Desmarais on Jun 13, 2014
Posted by Kennen Horton on Jun 10, 2014
Posted by Hemang Raithatha on Jun 7, 2014
Posted by Clay Dees on Dec 18, 2012
Posted by Carlos on Dec 31, 2012
Posted by Andybiotic on May 3, 2012
Posted by Shaun_Kingston on Jan 12, 2013
Posted by Nicholas on Nov 12, 2012
Posted by ratnacage on Dec 11, 2012
Posted by Clay Dees on Dec 27, 2012
Posted by toby john on Aug 22, 2013
Posted by Margil Galvan on Jul 12, 2012
Posted by Jean Paul on Sep 18, 2013
Posted by Adrian on Apr 14, 2012
Posted by mrbradley on Dec 21, 2012
Posted by on Sep 22, 2013
You are not currently logged in.
Powered by RealMenRealStyle