Posted by menstyleqa on Apr 9, 2012 in Fabrics & Colors, Men's Clothing, Men's Suits | 2 comments
Any general tips on storing wool suits so they last longer, don’t get eaten by bugs, etc?
– Use thick, quality wooden hangers. They should be broad enough to mimic the top of your shoulder bones, and curved like your shoulders. Wood works better at drawing out moisture than plastic does, so try to avoid synthetics.
– Keep the suits out of the light to protect the dyes. Closets are dark for a reason.
– Give your suits room to hang apart, rather than pressing the up against one another. You want air flowing through.
– Toss a few pieces of sandalwood (lots of menswear stores sell them) in the closet to help keep bugs away and to control odor. It also helps keep insects out.
– If your closet isn’t very well-sealed or you live in a climate where insects are a regular problem, go ahead and use some mothballs or similar products. Look for the newer ones made of non-toxic chemicals, and try for ones that don’t have much of a smell.
Was this answer helpful?
Lavender also helps with insect control, and I share a few more tips in this video from the Real Men Real Style YouTube channel:
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Posted by Mike Worden on Jun 21, 2015
Posted by RMRS Team on May 21, 2015
Posted by RMRS Team on May 20, 2015
Posted by RMRS Team on May 19, 2015
Posted by Matthieu Cramers on May 18, 2015
Posted by Clay Dees on Dec 18, 2012
Posted by Carlos on Dec 31, 2012
Posted by Andybiotic on May 3, 2012
Posted by Shaun_Kingston on Jan 12, 2013
Posted by menstyleqa on Mar 15, 2012
Posted by Nicholas on Nov 12, 2012
Posted by ratnacage on Dec 11, 2012
Posted by menstyleqa on Apr 8, 2012
Posted by haroonali on Apr 18, 2013
Posted by Cole on Jun 7, 2013
Posted by ETtrojan on Mar 30, 2013
Posted by MMessmer on Jun 19, 2012
Posted by iheartubuntu on Nov 14, 2012
Posted by Mr.L.Wakeling.007 on May 29, 2013
You are not currently logged in.
Powered by RealMenRealStyle